Prospective Students

California College of Music enables music students from all around the world to receive an inexpensive education in popular music. We pride ourselves on our culture of inclusion and diversity, and we have nearly two decades of experience assisting international students during their transition into an American music college. Since 1999, we have welcomed students from countries including Armenia, Afghanistan, Botswana, Brazil, China, Colombia, Canada, Chile, Denmark, Egypt, Ethiopia, Germany, India, Indonesia, Israel, Iran, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Philippines, Mexico, Norway, Nigeria, Belarus, Russia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, and more!

Our incoming international students can expect support from faculty and staff members throughout their college program. Our courteous and helpful admissions team is here to help you with every step of the admissions process, ensuring the smoothest possible transition to studying abroad in the United States.

How To Apply

Applying to California College of Music is a simple 4-Step process. Click the following link to get started: How To Apply

Start Dates & Deadlines

FALL 2022
LATE APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL: Sept. 26, 2022 (Late Application Fee: $70)

LATE TUITION ACCEPTED UNTIL: Sept. 26, 2022 (Late Tuition Fee: $100)
CLASSES START: Oct. 3, 2022

LATE APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL: April 3, 2023 (Late Application Fee: $70)

LATE TUITION ACCEPTED UNTIL: April 3, 2023 (Late Tuition Fee: $100)
CLASSES START: April 10, 2023

Transferring your SEVIS Record to CCM


International students who are currently studying in the United States on an F-1 student visa at another institution who wish to transfer to CCM must complete the Notice of Intent to Transfer SEVIS Record form. Please complete the first part of the form by yourself, and then submit it to the international student advisor at the institution you are currently attending (or most recently attended). The second part of the form must be completed by the International Student Advisor and/or Designated School Official of the other institution, and then emailed to the Director of Admissions of CCM at

International students who are also interested in potentially transferring credits to CCM should contact the admissions department at for more information. CCM reserves the right to accept or reject credits earned at other institutions of higher education. Official evaluation for incoming transfer credit will only occur after you receive an Acceptance Letter & Offer of Admission and present an official transcript from an eligible post-secondary institution.

Housing Placement Services

For incoming students who require assistance locating housing accommodations, we offer a Housing Placement Service to make the transition into college life as smooth as possible. Please visit the following url for more information:

Forms & Links

Pay My Tuition (link)

Notice of Intent to Transfer SEVIS Record (link)

Letter of Financial Support (link)

Transcript Evaluation (link)

Newly Admitted

Now that you have been accepted into a program at California College of Music you will need to apply for an F-1 Visa, below are the steps you will need to take!

1. Obtain Form I-20

To receive a form I-20 you will need to provide the following documents to CCM.

1.A) Submit a recent Bank Statement
Submit your bank statement to that shows you will be able to afford tuition and the cost of living (approximately $1000 per month) in the United States while you study at CCM. If you have a financial sponsor who will be paying your tuition and living expenses, you provide their bank statement as well as a Letter of Financial Support.

1.B) Make your Initial Tuition & Fees Payment to CCM.
You must make a payment via PayMyTuition. Your 1st quarter tuition & fees amount is located on your initial financial ledger which will be included in your Acceptance Package.

2. Review the U.S. Department of State’s Visa Page

In order to study at California College of Music, international applicants must have a student visa (known as a F-1). For more information regarding what F-1 visas are, we encourage you to review the U.S. Department of State’s visa page at:

3. Pay the SEVIS I-901 Fee

Before you can apply for a visa to enter the United States as a student or exchange visitor, you need to pay the I-901 Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) fee at

4. Complete Form DS-160

Once you have submitted the SEVIS I-901 fee, International applicants must fill-out and submit Form DS-160, the Online Nonimmigrant Visas Application for temporary travel to the United States. Form DS-160 is submitted electronically to the Department of State’s website via the Internet. Consular Officers use the information entered on the DS-160 to process the visa application and, combined with a personal interview, determine an applicant’s eligibility for a nonimmigrant visa. Be sure to print the application form confirmation page to bring to your interview.

Form DS-160 is the Visa Application which can be found at the following link:

5. Schedule A Visa Interview

Interview are required for visa applicants. You should schedule an appointment for your visa interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in the country where you live. Wait times for interview appointments vary by location, so you should apply for your visa as early as possible. F-1 visa for new students can be issued up to 120 days in advance of the start date for a course of study. However, you will not be allowed to enter the United States on your student visa more than 30 days before the start date.urces/

6. Attend Your Visa Interview

Be sure to gather and prepare the following required documents before you attend your visa interview:

⦁ Valid passport – your passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond your period of stay in the United States
⦁ Form DS-160 confirmation page
⦁ I-901 application payment receipt
⦁ Form I-20 – CCM will provide you with the original Form I-20. Be sure to sign this Form before attending the interview.
⦁ Official Letter of Acceptance & Offer of Admission – provided by CCM
⦁ Receipt & Balance Statement – provided by CCM
⦁ Bank Statement – to show how you will pay all educational, living and travel costs
⦁ Evidence of your intent to depart the United States upon completion of the course of study

A consular officer will interview you to determine whether you are qualified to receive a student visa. You must establish that you meet the requirements under U.S. law to receive a student visa.

7. Receive your F-1 Visa

There is no guarantee you will be issued a visa. Do not make final travel plans or buy tickets until you have received notification from a U.S. Consulate that you have a visa.

If denied, be sure to ask the consular officer for the exact reason (and section number of the law) underlying the denial. If you can correct the problem, you can start over and submit a new application.

If confirmed, you can arrive in Los Angeles not more than 30 days prior to the start of your program.

8. Attend your Student Orientation

All incoming international students must attend the mandatory Student Orientation which takes place 1 week prior to the program start date. Students will be welcomed to the College, meet faculty and staff, review College policies and procedures, have questions answered, take placement exams, and finalize course schedules.

Currently Enrolled

Maintaining your F-1 Status
For an international student to remain in good standing at the College, and stay “In-Status” with SEVIS and remain in the United States, an international student must maintain the following conditions:

Full-Time Enrollment

F-1 students are required to maintain full-time enrollment (12 credits) and make Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) toward completion of their program. To maintain SAP, international students must attend at least 80% of the scheduled class hours in every course during each quarter and receive a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0.

Failure to maintain full-time enrollment during your program will result in severe consequences for your F-1 status. F-1 students are not allowed to drop below full-time enrollment at any time.

Address Reporting

F-1 students are required to maintain a valid local U.S. address, overseas address, U.S. telephone number, overseas telephone number, and e-mail address at all times during their studies at CCM. You may update any and all information using the Student Contact Update Form at the following url:

Traveling While Enrolled

Any international student leaving the country for either travel or vacation must have the back of their Form I-20 endorsed by the designated school official (DSO).

However, before the DSO can endorse travel, an international student must provide the flight itinerary departing and arriving from LAX International Airport. Both the departure and arrival dates into LAX International Airport must be within the two week break period between quarters. International students are expected to stay until the Last Day of Instruction (Friday of Week 11) and must return for the First Day of Instruction (Monday of Week 1).

Program Completion

F-1 students are allowed an additional 60-day grace period after their program completion date to prepare for their departure from the U.S., transfer to another U.S. school/degree program, or change their visa status in the U.S. During the grace period, employment or full-time study is not allowed. Upon departure from the U.S. during these 60 days, the F-1 visa status automatically expires and you will not be able to re-enter the U.S. to reclaim the rest of your grace period time.


F-1 students may not work off campus during their program at California College of Music. However, upon completion of at least a 12-month program, F-1 students may apply for Optional Practical Training (Post Completion).

Optional Practical Training (OPT) is available to eligible F-1 students interested in engaging in employment in the U.S. directly related to their field of study. F-1 students are eligible for an initial 12 months of OPT per higher degree level achieved.

California College of Music has partnered with PayMyTuition for international tuition payments. With PayMyTuition, you can pay your tuition payments from any bank, in any country in any currency at better than bank exchange rates. PayMyTuition is fast, simple, and cost effective.

Rolar para cima